Congratulations! He popped the question and you said yes!
Once the euphoria has mellowed out, and you are able to pull your eyes away from the sparkly diamond on your finger, many decisions will need to be made. For now, however, savor the moment and use this checklist as a guideline to announce your engagement to the world.
- Tell your parents the happy news, if they do not already know.
- Arrange for the parents to meet if they haven’t already done so.
- Call or write to your close friends and relatives to let them know of your engagement.
- Have an engagement photo taken for your wedding announcements.
- Make a wedding organizer. You should have an organized way to keep track of appointments, payments, etc., and a system for keeping track of invitations, gifts and thank you notes.
- Find out the engagement announcement policies of the newspapers where you and your fiancé grew up and where you now live. They may have specific guidelines about how far in advance of the wedding they will publish an announcement. Submit engagement announcements to the papers at the appropriate time.
- Wait to choose your wedding party until you have more details. This can be a time when location, budget and other more in depth discussions about the wedding itself will determine details of the wedding party for you.
- Plan an engagement party!